Dream ChaserAre sleepless nights wearing you down? How well you sleep at night is a huge factor in how well you feel in waking hours. It's also true that what you do while awake has a big influence on how well you sleep! There are some simple rules that will help you drift off to dreamland ...
- Limit alcohol intake. An extra drink or two may help you to get to sleep intially, but it tends to disturb your sleep later in the night -- leaving you feeling sleepy the next day.
- Exercise! It will help you fall asleep at night. Make sure you work out earlier in the day or evening and not right before bedtime.
- Reduce stressful activities. If you bring work home with you, finish it up early in the evening so it doesn't linger into your bedroom. Adopt some relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, or progressive muscle relaxation before going to bed.
- Cut out late-night snacks. Never eat right before bedtime.
- Develop a regular sleep pattern. Try to go to bed at the same time every night.