STROKE RECOVERY AND TREATMENT
Nearly 15,000,000 people around the world have a stroke every year. Recently, two major studies discovered treating patients quickly for mini-strokes could dramatically cut their risk of a major stroke.
Researchers studied nearly 100,000 people with vascular disease. They found those patients treated within 24 hours of having a mini-stroke cut their chances of having a more serious stroke in the next few months by 80%!
Symptoms of a mini-stroke often disappear within 24 hours, but damage to the brain is often undeciferable from that caused by a major stroke. These symptoms are:
If you think you've had a mini-stroke, call your doctor immediately. It could save your life
- Weakness of the face, and/or arm, and/or leg muscles on one side of body
- Numbness of face and/or arm and/or leg one side of the body
- Inability to understand spoken language
- Inability to speak
- Unexplained dizziness or vertigo
- Loss of vision through one eye
- Double vision or blurry vision