Fiber in Your Diet
Keep your digestive system healthy with a diet high in fiber, lots of water, and regular exercise.
The rule of thumb is to eat 20-25 grams of dietary fiber per day, which you can easily get through maintaining a healthy diet. Fiber also comes with more benefits, and more reasons to add to your daily nutritional regimen!
- Soluble fiber helps control blood sugar by slowing the breakdown of carbohydrates and the absorption of sugar.
- Research shows that eating a high-fiber diet lowers the risk of heart disease by 40 percent!
- Research also shows that for every seven grams of fiber you eat daily, the risk of a stroke is reduced by 7 percent!
- Fiber increases the feeling of satiet, enhancing weight loss.
- Dietary fiber is thought to reduce the risk of diverticulitis by 40 percent.
High-fiber powerhouse foods are whole-grain cereals and breads, fresh vegetables and fruit, and nuts. Usually, a day or two of a fiber-focused diet will put your trips to the bathroom back on track.